It’s probably the most discussed and debated topic in our entire industry… voice over rates!
How do I set rates? What are fair rates? What’s the rate for ______? Where do I go to find rates? Am I charging enough? How do I know if I am or not? The list of questions is nearly endless.
Then there’s that one other one… “Do I need a rate card and how do I build it?”
That’s the question I’m answering in this Summer Series episode. I’m not going to tell you not to have a rate card, but I definitely think voice actors WAY overthink the concept of the voice over rate card, and I also think many of them aren’t using them properly.
Thankfully, we have a couple of very valuable rate guides we can turn to for guidance on setting rates. Those guides all but eliminate our need for rate cards while at the same time, offering us a starting point for building a rate card should you so choose.
GVAA Rate Guide – https://globalvoiceacademy.com/gvaa-rate-guide-2/
Gravy for the Brain Rate Guide – https://rates.gravyforthebrain.com
* Got an idea of the Summer Series? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and use subject line Summer Series Episode *
* One Piece of Advice Free eBook https://marcscottcoaching.com/onepieceofadviceebook/
* Get 3 Months of VoiceZam for the price of 1
* Need a little marketing help? Download a FREE eBook – 5 Steps to Marketing Like a VOpreneur Download now at https://marcscottcoaching.com/5marketingstepsebook
* For voice over services:
* Want VOpreneur Swag?
* Join the VOpreneur Facebook Group
EVERYDAY VOPRENEURS IN THIS EPISODE
* Thanks to “Uncle Roy” for production assistance!
* Thanks to Christy Harst for VO contributions!
* Thanks to Krysta Wallrauch for VO contributions!
If you need guidance with your voice over business or learning how to more effectively market, I can help. Book a 15 minute free consultation with me to discuss your specific needs. Book Your Consult