How to Get Signed and Succeed with a Voice Over Agent
Every voice actor dreams of getting signed by a voice over agent at some point in their career. Maybe you have very specific agent goals or maybe you just want an agent (or some agents), period. Either way, in an ever-growing competitive landscape, how does a voice actor stand out? How do you get noticed by an agent? How do you make them want to sign you?
Tanya Buchanan is the owner of Ta-Da! Voiceworks. She’s also a member of the VO Agent Alliance. In this interview, she answers all your questions including how to get signed. What agents are looking for. What kind of stuff can get you dumped by an agent and more.
We also talk briefly about V.O. North, the voice over conference happening this September in Toronto, ON Canada. Ta-Da! Voiceworks – https://www.tadavoiceworks.com V.O. North Conference https://www.vonorth.com
Marc Scott on Instagram – @marcscott
* One Piece of Advice Free eBook https://marcscottcoaching.com/onepieceofadviceebook/
* Get an instant $25 credit when you sign up for VoiceZam
* Need a little marketing help? Download a FREE eBook – 5 Steps to Marketing Like a VOpreneur Download now at https://marcscottcoaching.com/5marketingstepsebook
* For voice over services:
* Want VOpreneur Swag?
* Join the VOpreneur Facebook Group
EVERYDAY VOPRENEURS IN THIS EPISODE
* Thanks to “Uncle Roy” for production assistance!
* Thanks to Christy Harst for VO contributions!
* Thanks to Krysta Wallrauch for VO contributions!
If you need guidance with your voice over business or learning how to more effectively market, I can help. Book a 15 minute free consultation with me to discuss your specific needs. Book Your Consult
How to Sign and Succeed with a Voice Over Agent
- 2:48 Busting the No. 1 Voice Over Agent Myth
- 6:01 What does the agent model look like in 2022?
- 12:26 Understanding the Agent / Talent Relationship Dynamic
- 18:50 How do voice actors standout and get noticed by agents?
- 22:37 Do agents really talk to each other and compare / share notes?
- 24:12 How does a voice actor apply to an agent?
- 27:42 What are agent expectations for their talent?
- 31:30 Why is audition labeling so important?
- 32:20 What are agents big pet peeves with talent?
- 35:28 Do agents monitor social media feeds of their talent?
- 37:05 Sharing work you've booked with through your agent.
- 40:38 An agents take on A.I. in voice over.
- 46:29 A little information about V.O. North 2022