Understanding Voice Over Casting Timelines
When you submit an audition on a casting site or through an agent, it’s reasonable to assume it’s for an active project and the voice actor will be hired “soon.” Like… the next day. Maybe the next week at most. And so many VO’s obsessively check their casting profiles and inboxes waiting for the email to come that says they’ve booked.
This is a great way to make yourself crazy, and it isn’t necessarily an accurate reflection of voice over casting timelines. In this episode, I share a few thoughts that will hopefully help you relax, stress a little less and enjoy the audition process a little more.
Welcome to the Summer Series. For June / July / August 2022 I’ll be offering up simple, quick hit episodes of the podcast designed to give you one good piece of advice and get you back to doing whatever you’re doing to enjoy summer. The Everyday VOpreneur interview series will return in September.
Marc Scott on Instagram – @marcscott
* One Piece of Advice Free eBook https://marcscottcoaching.com/onepieceofadviceebook/
* Get an instant $25 credit when you sign up for VoiceZam
* Need a little marketing help? Download a FREE eBook – 5 Steps to Marketing Like a VOpreneur Download now at https://marcscottcoaching.com/5marketingstepsebook
* For voice over services:
* Want VOpreneur Swag?
* Join the VOpreneur Facebook Group
EVERYDAY VOPRENEURS IN THIS EPISODE
* Thanks to “Uncle Roy” for production assistance!
* Thanks to Christy Harst for VO contributions!
* Thanks to Krysta Wallrauch for VO contributions!
If you need guidance with your voice over business or learning how to more effectively market, I can help. Book a 15 minute free consultation with me to discuss your specific needs. Book Your Consult